- NHERA 2 priority research areas
- Other Community-related
- Institutional Researches
- National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA), priority research areas
- Teaching strategies and classroom management
- Development and utilization of a systems software to facilitate departmental operations and systems
- Buttressing the curricula of eminent programs in the University
- Correlation studies on students’ performance
- Evaluation of services rendered to clientele
- Honoraria will not be given to researchers whose studies are sponsored and/or funded by external agencies.
- Faculty and employees are allowed to conduct a maximum of two (2)researches per year, to ensure focus on primary work responsibilities. Faculty and employees will not be allowed to proceed to another research without submitting the output for the ongoing study.
- Group / Collaborative research is limited to three (3) members. However, the Number of researchers may be increased depending on the topic and scope of the study like tracer studies and community-related researches. Expertise is a primary consideration for the additional members.
- The different schools/departments/offices are expected to submit a report on action/s taken on recommendations of researches every semester, in order to institutionalize the monitoring of the usage of the researches generated by the University. The report will include recommendations, action plans, strategic plans derived from researches, regardless of the type and including thesis and dissertations (if the topic/s apply to the University). The report will be in three copies: 1 for the department, 1 for RDC and 1 for the Vice-President concerned. This will help ensure continuous improvement efforts which are research-based and will also address the requirements of accreditation.
- Amount of honorarium will be based on the research classification.
Payment of honorarium will be as follows:
- 30% of the honorarium will be released once the proposal has been approved.
- 30% of the honorarium will be released upon submission of the completed draft.
- 40% of the honorarium will be released after the dissemination of the results as enumerated in the flowchart.
*However, the proponent may opt to request payment of the honorarium after the public lecture/poster presentation and publication in the journal.
- Proposed topics to be worked on should not be contrary to any school policy. Proponents’ experience and field should correspond to the topic of the research.
- The researchers should ensure that the soft copy submitted to RDC for purposes of publication in the journal conforms to the specifications in the RDC Operations Manual pages 13 and 44. The editing is the responsibility of the researcher.
- If the researcher/s intends to submit a new proposal, he/she/they must submit the completed draft for the ongoing research first.
- When no update is given or no progress is observed, a research is deemed terminated 2 years after the approval of the proposal or earlier as signified by the researcher/s.
Sanctions for the termination of studies:
A memo will be issued to the proponent/s asking for a written explanation of the discontinuance of the research.
The proponent/s will have to reimburse the University of Baguio via salary deduction the following expenses:
- Snacks/lunch during the seminar, if applicable;
- Share in the honorarium for the speaker, if applicable;
- Honorarium received;
- IRRB members’ honorarium; and
- other incidental expenses.